You hear it. You see it. The mags, media, and our society tell you that you’ll never be happy until you lose weight, that your worth is measured by the scales. But the truth is that your happiness comes from you and loving what God has created in you. God doesn’t make mistakes. But we do by making bad choices.
Eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia is one of those bad choices and it’s really not about food. It’s about using food to cope with pressures or stressful situations. Taking shortcuts to lose the pounds can be seriously mess you up and not just for the underweight person. It changes your chemical balances in your body that can cause damage to your vital organs.
So what to do if you’re caught up in an eating disorder?
1. Tell someone and get help.
2. Stay away from the scales.
3. Eat healthy and exercise healthy.
4. Stay away from the magazines.
5. Stay close to the ONE who knows you best and loves you most. The ONE true Lord thinks you are a perfect size.
TodaysGirls.com – Real Girls. Real Faith.